[Nix-dev] nixos channel

Mathijs Kwik mathijs at bluescreen303.nl
Tue Aug 7 13:29:19 CEST 2012

On Tue, Aug 7, 2012 at 12:44 PM, Shea Levy <shea at shealevy.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On Aug 7, 2012, at 5:49 AM, Mathijs Kwik <mathijs at bluescreen303.nl> wrote:
>
>> Hi all,
>>
>> Is there a problem with the nix channel?
>> It hasn't been updated for 2 days.
>> Is there a schedule (ie once a day) that it updates?
>
> The channel only updates when all the tests at http://hydra.nixos.org/view/nixos/tested (warning: long load) pass.

Ah, that's very nice.

However, it then appears I broke the 2 live cds right after the latest
successful build.
Build number 2920826 only includes 5 of my commits, compared to
2920472, which did succeed. Looking at the log for the 2 failing
tests, I can't really figure out what's going on.
One of them reports a lot of warnings (sqlite busy), the other reports
an issue with linking (/nix/store/.links), which I've never seen
locally.
As I only added 5 emacs packages (which I think are unrelated) and
added the (updated) aufs3 patch to kernel 3.5 (which is not used by
the livecds), I would not know where to start debugging.

I build things locally using setarch --uname-2.6, just as hydra uses.
Are there any other environmental things I should do to match hydra,
so I can try to reproduce the same errors?

Thanks,
Mathijs