[Nix-dev] Cannot create an activity in KDE 4.8?

Corey O'Connor coreyoconnor at gmail.com
Sun Aug 5 21:39:43 CEST 2012

Hi,
I upgraded from KDE 4.7 to 4.8 recently. Since then I have been unable
to create Activities. For instance: Creating an Empty Desktop activity
does not result iun a new activity. Is this an issue with Nix's
packaging of KDE 4.8?

I'm loading KDE 4.8 into the system with the following config module:

{ config, pkgs, ... } :

with pkgs.lib;

{
    config =
    {
        nixpkgs.config.packageOverrides = pkgs :
        {
            kde4 = pkgs.kde48;
        };

        environment.x11Packages =
        [
            pkgs.kde4.calligra
            pkgs.kde4.kdelibs
            pkgs.kde4.kde_runtime
            pkgs.kde4.oxygen_icons
        ];

        services.xserver.displayManager.kdm.enable = true;
        services.xserver.desktopManager.kde4.enable = true;
    };
}

-Corey O'Connor
coreyoconnor at gmail.com