[Nix-dev] [Nix-commits] [NixOS/nixos] 0ef085: Add services.httpd.fixUidAndGid option to assign r...

Eelco Dolstra eelco.dolstra at logicblox.com
Fri Aug 3 17:06:06 CEST 2012

Hi,

On 03/08/12 10:41, Peter Simons wrote:

>   Add services.httpd.fixUidAndGid option to assign reliable numeric UID and GID for the Apache user.

I've reverted this and committed a simpler solution that just gets rid of the
usermod/groupmod calls to change the uid/gid of existing user accounts.  It
really never makes sense to do that anyway.

So all new installations will get a wwwrun user/group with uid/gid 54, but
existing installations are unaffected.

--
Eelco Dolstra | LogicBlox, Inc. | http://nixos.org/~eelco/