[Nix-dev] pxe, network driver at stage 1

Sergey Mironov ierton at gmail.com
Fri Aug 3 10:50:15 CEST 2012

Hi. I'm trying to boot Nixos using pxe (network booting).

pxelinux.0 (probably part of syslinux - I can't remember it's origin
on my server) helped me to boot stage 1.
Unfortunately, it turned out that /dev/root is not set and thus nixos
can't mount /mnt/root and nix-store.squashfs image. And more - looks
like stage 1 doesn't want to load my network module so I have no
network access to download it manually.

Can anyone confirm that stage 1 bootcd kernel has no LAN support (and
thus it is not my local HW problem)?

Sergey