[Nix-dev] [Nix-commits] SVN commit: nix - r30127 - in nixos/trunk/modules: config installer/cd-dvd installer/generations-dir installer/tools installer/tools/nixos-deploy-network misc security services/misc services/monito...

Shea Levy shea at shealevy.com
Sun Oct 30 17:11:42 CET 2011

Hi Peter

On 10/30/2011 12:05 PM, Peter Simons wrote:
> Hi Shea,
<snip>
> I tried
> to build revision 30076, and that worked fine. Then I tried the next
> revision -- yours -- and that didn't evaluate.

So it was just the first revision that set
nixpkgs.config.nix.{store,state}Dir, not the subsequent revisions that
made use of that, that caused the issue?

> So it seemed quite clear to me that the change you made triggered the
> bug I'm seeing.
>
> I realize that you must have tested that change before committing it, so
> apparently the problem has something to do with my configuration.nix.
> Still, my configuration.nix is not particularly unusual, and I felt that
> other users shouldn't run into the same problem I did. I decided to
> revert the change -- to fix my system -- and to post to this list.
>
> I surely could have handled that in a better way. Well, what can I say?
>
> I am sorry.

I appreciate the apology. It's not that big of a deal, especially since
I'm likely the only user who will use this for quite some time, I was
just a bit surprised to come to my email and see this.

I'll be continuing my work in a separate branch, would you mind testing
from time to time and posting your configuration so I can try to debug
the issue?

Thanks,
Shea