[Nix-dev] [***SPAM***] Dynamic Dependency Management by Calling External Programs from Nix

Marc Weber marco-oweber at gmx.de
Wed Oct 26 18:23:14 CEST 2011

> So we're already doing this in nixpkgs? How do nix-env -qa and the like
> respond?
They don't evaluate it (eg by omitting reucrseIntoAttrs) would be one
way eventually.

> Thanks for the info, glad I didn't do any work implementing this.
This was new to me as well - thanks Eelco Dolstra for explicitly
sharing this. I always assumed it does not work - I was wrong.

So I should rewrite hack-nix in Haskell then..
Was this available from the very beginning?

Marc Weber