[Nix-dev] bash updates

Lluís Batlle i Rossell viriketo at gmail.com
Mon Oct 3 00:12:24 CEST 2011

On Mon, Oct 03, 2011 at 12:01:21AM +0200, Peter Simons wrote:
> Hi Lluís,
>
>  > I think now it's a matter of getting a common consensus of "update
>  > stdenv-updates stdenv packages to the versions we want now, freeze
>  > them, and start stabilising the full branch for a merge to trunk
>  > soon".
>
> please let us do that. What are your thoughts about this issue?
>
>  * Which packages would you like see updated before the merge? And to
>    what version?

I don't care much on this.

>  * Are you aware of any problems is stdenv-updates today that need to be
>    fixed before the merge?

First, we have to tell hydra to build the branch. Then start looking at the list
of success/failure of packages, compared to trunk, and try to make most working.
Then those using platforms that hydra can't test should do some minimal builds
too (armv5tel/mips64). And the problems will appear, I imagine.

Regards,
Lluis.