[Nix-dev] Compiling the Linux kernel for the Sheevaplug

Rickard Nilsson rickard.nilsson at telia.com
Sun Nov 27 10:46:15 CET 2011

Hi,

I managed to get my Sheevaplug running NixOS with the help of Lluís'
nixos-system-tarball
(http://vicerveza.homeunix.net/~viric/tmp/nix/nixos-system-armv5tel-linux.tar.xz).
I've then tried to build my system with a recent kernel (3.1). But the
build stops after the kernel config step, with the output "unused option:
<xxx>". If I comment out the option in question in the linux_3_1 nix
expression, I can run the build again, and now it complains about some
other unused option. I can continue commenting out that option too, but I
don't want to carry on like that...

What does "unused option" mean? Why does the build stop?

Best regards,
   Rickard Nilsson