[Nix-dev] gnutar 1.25 root conflict

Kevin Quick quick at sparq.org
Thu Nov 3 15:29:44 CET 2011

When trying to use build some recent derivations using Nix (in a non-NixOS
environment) with nix build workers (build-users-group = nixbld) I
encounter this:

checking whether mknod can create fifo without root privileges...
configure: error: in
`/tmp/nix-build-7b47bnsf295kdvwzqik8y23m7sb8dbnn-gnutar-1.25.drv-0/tar-1.25:
configure: error: you should not run configure as root (set
FORCE_UNSAFE_CONFIGURE=1 in environment to bypass this check)

I don't know how to pass that environment variable via the nixbld workers
(setting it in the nix-worker daemon environment had no effect).  Maybe
this derivation needs a patch?

-KQ

--
-KQ