[Nix-dev] vbox --headless and rdp?

Marc Weber marco-oweber at gmx.de
Mon May 30 02:10:24 CEST 2011

Has anybody succeeded in starting a headless vm instance while using
rdp?

after installing oracles extension pack rdp can be enabled and it
works.

However trying to start in headless mode:

  VBoxManage startvm name --type headless

I get:

VBoxManage: error: The virtual machine 'XP INSTALL TEST' has terminated
unexpectedly during startup with exit code 1
VBoxManage: error: Details: code NS_ERROR_FAILURE (0x80004005),
component Machine, interface IMachine, callee

This is probably due to nixpkgs uncommon setup?

headless works fine in debian chroot - however I always get connection
refused when trying to connect to it using remote desktop.

I can connect to a nc server run in chroot so networking is fine.

Marc Weber