[Nix-dev] patch: fix ifconfig path for vbox making "host adapter" and "bridge" networking setup work proberly

Marc Weber marco-oweber at gmx.de
Sun Jun 12 06:09:56 CEST 2011

I tried setting up PXE booting recently and it drowe me nuts cause the
VM didn't get a dhcp lease.

The reason is that vbox runs ifconfig configure the interface and it
looks like a failed exit code confuses vbox because manually setting up
those interfaces didn't work either (?)

Anyway telling vbox about ifconfigs path fixes all issues for me.

If you want to test PXE booting yourself don't forget to switch off
vbox's internal dhcp server in global settings -> network..

Marc Weber