[Nix-dev] Re: Bisection in Hydra

Rob Vermaas rob.vermaas at gmail.com
Tue Jun 7 22:16:23 CEST 2011

Hi,

I’ve been discussing about Hydra at work and the ability to do automatic
> bisection upon failure came up several times.
>
> Currently Hydra may skip a few commits—e.g., because several commits
> were pushed in a short time frame.  Thus, there may be several commits,
> perhaps tens of them, between the last successful build and the first
> failed build.  The idea is that Hydra would automatically perform a
> dichotomy on those commits it skipped to find the one that introduced
> the failure.
>
> What do you think?

Will think about it, however I am not sure if I will spend much time on it
as, if you think all revisions are important, you could just as well set up
hydra evaluation of the jobset on a post-commit hook.

gr,
Rob

--
Rob Vermaas