[Nix-dev] Bisection in Hydra

Ludovic Courtès ludo at gnu.org
Tue Jun 7 18:16:40 CEST 2011

Hello!

I’ve been discussing about Hydra at work and the ability to do automatic
bisection upon failure came up several times.

Currently Hydra may skip a few commits—e.g., because several commits
were pushed in a short time frame.  Thus, there may be several commits,
perhaps tens of them, between the last successful build and the first
failed build.  The idea is that Hydra would automatically perform a
dichotomy on those commits it skipped to find the one that introduced
the failure.

What do you think?

I guess you’ve already thought about it, but I hereby add this feature
to the wish list in the hope that it will magically get implemented.
:-)

Ludo’.