[Nix-dev] Re: [Nix-commits] SVN commit: nix - r27888 - nixos/trunk/modules/services/monitoring

Marc Weber marco-oweber at gmx.de
Mon Jul 25 04:16:29 CEST 2011

Excerpts from Eelco Dolstra's message of Mon Jul 25 02:42:35 +0200 2011:
> This path does not necessarily exist (e.g. when using ssmtp via
> ‘networking.defaultMailServer.directDelivery = true’).

No, it must not. But having sendmail setuid seems to be very common and
eventually features are limited if you don't use setuid. I'm not an
expert - repeating what I grasped at a blog which also might be wrong.

nixos has a services.mail.sendmailSetuiWrapper option introduced by
Lluís Batlle.

So should we introduce a global sendmailPath option? PHP also requires a
sendmail setting. I think also cron does and a couple of others
services.

Marc Weber