[Nix-dev] rubyLibs rewrite

Marc Weber marco-oweber at gmx.de
Fri Jan 21 13:27:01 CET 2011

Excerpts from Yury G. Kudryashov's message of Fri Jan 21 09:31:57 +0100 2011:
> I've just committed a big change to rubyLibs. The main change is that a
> patch generating nix code moved to 'nix' gem.
You know that I abandoned that code. So my ruby patch will just remove
all changes and use the overlay.

> For example, we can let rubygems to automatically add NIX_PROFILES/gemPath
> to GEM_PATH.
Yes. However it should be done on a "per application basis" by default.
I personally will load gems into PATH when needed. This way no
collisions will happen.

I'm fine with the change. If I dislike it for some reason I'll patch
Nixos myself. So go for it.

Marc Weber