[Nix-dev] transition to pure system

7c6f434c at mail.ru 7c6f434c at mail.ru
Tue Jan 4 22:10:15 CET 2011

>But, sadly, it is not enough: In nixos there are no environment
>varibales set for compilation that would point to the "correct" non-pure
>locations.
>
>For me, just running ldconfig already raises an error:
>$ which ldconfig
>/var/run/current-system/sw/sbin/ldconfig
>
>$ ldconfig
>ldconfig: Can't open configuration file /nix/store/vxycd107wjbhcj720hzkw2px7s7kr724-glibc-2.12.2/etc/ld.so.conf: No such file or directory
>ldconfig: Can't create temporary cache file /nix/store/vxycd107wjbhcj720hzkw2px7s7kr724-glibc-2.12.2/etc/ld.so.cache~: Permission denied

export LD_LIBRARY_PATH="$LD_LIBRARY_PATH:/var/run/current-system/sw/lib"
export NIX_LDFLAGS="$NIX_LDFLAGS -L /var/run/current-system/sw/lib"
export NIX_CFLAGS_COMPILE="$NIX_CFLAGS_COMPILE -I /var/run/current-system/sw/include"
export PKG_CONFIG_PATH="$PKG_CONFIG_PATH:/var/run/current-system/sw/lib/pkgconfig"

>I am not deep enough into LD_LIBRARY_PATH, LDFLAGS, CFLAGS to know what
>to set. Will now read up what needs to be done.
>
>Still greatful for any hints.
>
>My intention is not to live with a dirty system, but simply to be able
>to stay on nixos while getting my work done right now. And therefore be
>able to contribute to nixos and sooner or later reach the state of a
>pure system again.

. And build anything you want to be pure either with clean environment or just via Nix.