[Nix-dev] Re: Auto package update script v4

Ludovic Courtès ludo at gnu.org
Fri Feb 25 11:41:59 CET 2011

Hi,

"Tobias Hunger" <tobias.hunger at gmx.de> writes:

> Of course that would be possible. But why? To avoid two lines that do
> provide interesting information

Well, “interesting” is a bit strong IMO.

> (this file can be autoupdated and the updated files will be verified)

The thing is gnupdate has been able to update it without ‘watchExpr’ for
some time.

I like the idea of having a tool to help automatic updates, and not just
for GNU.  But I wish you’d taken the route of generalizing gnupdate
instead of rolling your own, since it’s at least the third attempt in
that area.  (Not to mention my taste for Perl...)

Thanks,
Ludo’.