[Nix-dev] Re: GConf update problem

Ludovic Courtès ludo at gnu.org
Thu Feb 24 17:16:49 CET 2011

Hi,

"Sander van der Burg - EWI" <S.vanderBurg at tudelft.nl> writes:

> The best solution is probably to patch the autoconf files.

I think the best solution is to set $CPPFLAGS, $CFLAGS, $CPATH or
whatever without modifying ‘configure.ac’ or anything.

Modifying ‘configure.ac’ means adding Autoconf, Automake, and Libtool as
a dependencies, which means that GConf and all the GNOME stuff would get
rebuilt every time they are updated, which is surely not what we want.

Patching ‘configure.ac’, ‘Makefile.am’, etc. should always be a last
resort.

Thanks,
Ludo’.