[Nix-dev] Auto package update script v4

Tobias Hunger tobias.hunger at gmx.de
Sat Feb 19 00:20:17 CET 2011

Hello!

Attached you will find version 4 of my auto package update script. Changes:

* All the relevant attributes are now in meta.

* No more watchfiles!

* saver mangling scripts (based on code from uscan).

The following attributes are supported now:

* watchExpr: This is the expression that will be processed by debian's uscan
    utility (instead of the watch file). Please do not include the boilerplate
    "version=3" line. This is *required* for the package to be processed by
    the update script.

* watchUrlMangler: A perl regular expression pattern (backslashes need to be
    doubled!) used to turn the url discovered by uscan into something that can
    be put into the src of the nix expression. Optional but useful e.g. in the
    xorg packages.

* watchVerifier: A script used to verify the authenticity of the new package.
    Add signature checking, etc. here. Optional and not well tested yet.
    Need some scripts to test e.g. the signatures used for the gnu packages.

* watchNameDemangler: A perl regular expression used on the name of
    the derivation before finding the package name and version number. Use
    this to remove trailing stuff, etc. Optional, backslashes need to be
    escaped by another backslash again.

As usual I would highly appreciate comments and code reviews.

Best Regards,
Tobias