[Nix-dev] /etc/skel, useradd - resolve symlinks before copying?

Marc Weber marco-oweber at gmx.de
Sun Feb 13 11:43:31 CET 2011

> Your idea about having a list in a file can be amended with the word "sorted",
> so simple diff fed to "xargs rm" will be possible.

If you have time also reflect that you didn't miss the second way to
solve this:

patch useradd. If something points to /etc/static don't copy symlink
into ~ - but the file it points to.

Then the /etc builder would not have to be changed - and removing of
stale files would also work without additional change.

Currently I prefer this way because it would be less work.

Marc Weber