[Nix-dev] /etc/skel, useradd - resolve symlinks before copying?

Marc Weber marco-oweber at gmx.de
Sat Feb 12 18:46:32 CET 2011

Excerpts from Michael Raskin's message of Sat Feb 12 18:00:45 +0100 2011:
> We already had activation scripts scan /etc/ for stale links into /etc/static with
> the goal of removing these links. It seems an OK decision for /etc/skel

In the past there was a sh script - now it seems to be a perl script.
See my previous mail - I quoted the important part of the documentation.

You said "copy" - So i thought you were referring to
  cp (readlink /etc/static/skel/.bashrc) /etc/skel

However removing "stale" files doesn't work - because files can't be
stale ?

I want plain files in ~. So I have to put plain files into /etc/skel or
patch copy_tree in useradd.

I feel like repeating myself - so maybe I missunderstood you this time.

Marc Weber