[Nix-dev] /etc/skel, useradd - resolve symlinks before copying?

Marc Weber marco-oweber at gmx.de
Sat Feb 12 17:18:47 CET 2011

Excerpts from Michael Raskin's message of Sat Feb 12 17:02:42 +0100
2011:
> I agree - I think we should simply build /etc/skel by copying,
> just like we copy some other things in activation scripts

How do you want to "tidy up"?

Example:

current-system: /etc/static/skel/.vimrc

new-system: no longer any .vimrc

Should the activation script remove /etc/skel/.vimrc then?

If so you have to keep track of it, corret?
Which would be the best way to do that?

Use an /etc/nix-managed-files file and register all files there?
Then after updating /etc/ compare old and new nix-managed-files
so that you know which files to remove?

Marc Weber