[Nix-dev] Lack of exhaustive RPATH for vim and gimp with relation to python

Marc Weber marco-oweber at gmx.de
Sat Feb 12 16:23:59 CET 2011

> Vim
Do you know whether this is using the py interface of vim (:h if_pyth.txt)
or whether something is trying to run the python executable ?

Maybe install python into your user profile and see whether the error goes away.

I can't reproduce it right now.

> Gimp works, however there's no "Python-fu" in the Filters menu.
Currently I recommend a quick hack: install libs into your user profile.
-> http://wiki.nixos.org/wiki/Howto_keep_multiple_packages_up_to_date_at_once

Then export PYTHONPATH or PYTHON_USERBASE in your ~/.bashrc and make it
point to ~/.nix-profile/lib/python2.6/...  or such.

I'd like to propose a pypi import into a nixpkgs overlay in the near
future - so I'm personally not too much interested in maintaining the
current python packages and everything which relates to it.

Maybe someone else has different options.

Marc Weber