[Nix-dev] commercial use of nix package manager

Olexiy Buyanskyy olexiyb at gmail.com
Fri Feb 11 14:17:47 CET 2011

Hello,

Really like the whole idea of nix package management system.
BTW I was able to compile nix-env with some small changes in the code
and environment on AIX 5.3
http://yellowgrass.org/issue/Nix/207

But in order to go forward my boss asks for any example of commercial
use of nix package system?
Does anybody know examples of commercial use of nix package system?

I work for Lowe's corporation company and do some research right now
and any information to convince my managers will be really helpful.

But in general I am responsible for system that manage compilation on
development boxes.
and plan to use nix at least on development boxes: aix, debian and
windows (cygwin).

--
Olexiy Buyanskyy