[Nix-dev] Auto package updating script

Marc Weber marco-oweber at gmx.de
Thu Feb 10 08:33:57 CET 2011

Excerpts from Tobias Hunger's message of Thu Feb 10 08:21:28 +0100 2011:
> Where can I find your tool?
https://github.com/MarcWeber/nixpkgs-haskell-overlay
https://github.com/MarcWeber/nixpkgs-repository-manager

clone the first and run
nix-build -A nixRepositoryManager $PATH_TO_OVERLAY/default.nix

> Sure. I just wanted to present the fruits of one evening of hacking:-)

> > Moreover it supports git and more in  funny way:

> Oh, I doubt it is the perfect tool for git:-) But it does handle ftp and http
> rather well, incl. all the quirks you find when dealing with lots of real
> download sites!

Tell me how you think about the regions which will be replaced by the
update tool.

Marc Weber