[Nix-dev] Re: [Nix-commits] SVN commit: nix - r25564 - nix/trunk/src/libutil

Eelco Dolstra e.dolstra at tudelft.nl
Thu Feb 10 00:04:50 CET 2011

Hi,

On 01/14/2011 02:55 PM, Ludovic Courtès wrote:

> Author: ludo
> Date: Fri Jan 14 13:55:58 2011
> New Revision: 25564
>
> Log:
> Remove useless<config.h>  inclusion from public header.

Actually, it's not useless.  I added it in r24058 for OpenSolaris
compatibility:

* Make sure that config.h is included before the system headers,
   because it defines _FILE_OFFSET_BITS.  Without this, on
   OpenSolaris the system headers define it to be 32, and then
   the 32-bit stat() ends up being called with a 64-bit "struct
   stat", or vice versa.

   This also ensures that we get 64-bit file sizes everywhere.