[Nix-dev] grub install problem

Cillian de Róiste cillian.deroiste at gmail.com
Wed Feb 9 19:51:33 CET 2011

Hi,

I tried to install NixOS on VirtualBox and have run into similar
problems as Roelof reported on irc and here. First I tried with 0.5GB
RAM and with 2GB swap. When running nixos-install VirtualBox soon
complained that the disk was full and stopped the machine. I then
tried with 1.5GB RAM. VirtualBox wasn't happy with the old virtual
disk, and after reloading the vboxdrv module it wouldn't use it at
all. I tried again with a fresh disk and 1.5GB RAM assigned to it but
without swap, this also failed similarly but it took much longer to
fail. I'll try some other variations, (but possibly not until the
weekend).

Cheers,
Cillian