[Nix-dev] python virtualenv - warning: there are multiple derivations

Marc Weber marco-oweber at gmx.de
Mon Feb 7 17:44:16 CET 2011

Excerpts from Florian Friesdorf's message of Mon Feb 07 16:59:55 +0100 2011:
> I could not find python-virtualenv in nixpkgs so I added it (see
> attached) patch.
>
> Now I get:
> # nix-env -i python-virtualenv
> warning: there are multiple derivations named `python-virtualenv-1.5.1'; using the first one

wiki -> Howto find the package I'm looking for.
In short; use -A option accessing derivations by name.

Cause (guess): There is the python-pcakages file which gets instantiated for
multiple pyhton versions multiple times. So the name is not unique.

If you have some python skills - would you like to help getting
something close to native support for pypi nixpkgs?

If you find any package where imports don't work the way they should
ping back.

Marc Weber