[Nix-dev] "NixOS is an *experimental* Linux distribution"?

Cillian de Róiste cillian.deroiste at gmail.com
Fri Feb 4 10:18:47 CET 2011

Hi,

NixOS is described as an "experimental" linux distribution:
http://nixos.org/nixos . I have seen people dismiss NixOS and Nix
because of this word and I wonder if it could be removed or replaced
with unique/innovative/new. For me "experimental" suggests that it may
only work in an ideal environment, or that the experiment will run its
course and some conclusions will be drawn and the project will then be
abandoned.

While NixOS has some rough edges, and lacks packages and configuration
options compared to established distros, perhaps it has passed the
experimental stage?

-
Cillian