[Nix-dev] Re: new possible movement to git (?)

Peter Simons simons at cryp.to
Tue Aug 30 16:51:56 CEST 2011

Hi Shea,

 > Do you see why there are benefits [...] to having changes to stdenv
 > be infrequent and more inclusive than is appropriate for a generic
 > feature branch?

of course, I totally agree with that. Stdenv should be changed only when
there is a good technical reason to do so. For example, it's one thing
to have the latest version of GNU Make available in nixpkgs, but it's
another quite thing to put it into stdenv ... or bootstrap-tools. :-)

Take care,
Peter