[Nix-dev] Re: announce: preliminary version of nixpkgs-python-overlay

Rok Garbas rok.garbas at gmail.com
Mon Aug 29 17:18:42 CEST 2011

first, tnx for the work...

>   devEnv =  pythonEnv26 {
>     name = "libs-coding-style";
>     # p = { pylint = ["<" "2.0" ]; } force pylint version being less # than 2.0
>     names = [ "pylint" "pyflakes" ];
>   };

1. its common that python packages depend on extras. would this be possible.

  $ easy_install package-A[test]
  $ easy_install package-A[test,docs]

2. also another useful feature which is used in "zc.buildout" is that
you can omit creation of scripts, or you can selectively allow their
creation.

  $ easy_install Plone

you don't actually want all script from its dependencies to be created.
you would want to specify only some of them.

> The code is based on the arbitrary-strings-as-names patch and maybe some
> more things I put into my nix/nixos repositories (branches nix2/marc and
> nix2/nix-python-sites)

3. would this work on macosx/nix setup? also i couldn't find this
patches, can you provide links?

lp rok