[Nix-dev] Blacklisting snd_pcsp by default

Marc Weber marco-oweber at gmx.de
Tue Aug 23 10:42:09 CEST 2011

Excerpts from Eelco Dolstra's message of Tue Aug 23 09:48:04 +0200 2011:
> > The snd_pcsp module is known to cause issues with the default ALSA audio
> > device, and as far as I know is not really that useful on modern
> > machines. Would anyone mind if snd_pcsp was blacklisted when ALSA is
> > enabled?
Consider doing it always. Then nixos-rebuild test does work as well.

You'll find many howtos in the internet telling how to physically remove
speakers because ensuring that your pc does not beep is much more work
(or has been in the past).

You can wait two days to see if anybody objects proofing me wrong.

Marc Weber