[Nix-dev] Patching uname in stdenv?

Marc Weber marco-oweber at gmx.de
Wed Aug 17 16:54:57 CEST 2011

Excerpts from Lluís Batlle i Rossell's message of Wed Aug 17 10:45:39 +0200 2011:
> I'd like a list of the problems this would solve.
And we should add a list of worms this may introduce.
Kernel should be compatible. But software development is never perfect (although it comes close).

Many packages encode linux version in info boxes or such. And they might
be wrong. I agree that I don't expect too many problems. But there might
be some cases where having the wrong value in an info box could slow
down solving issues.

Marc Weber