[Nix-dev] Hydra notifications in case of evaluation errors (was: SVN commit: nix - r28129 - in nixpkgs/trunk/pkgs:development/libraries/afflib top-level)

Peter Simons simons at cryp.to
Wed Aug 3 10:48:28 CEST 2011

Hi Michael,

 > Somehow, I didn't get complaints from Hydra, so missed the fact that
 > I committed partial change along with another one.

Hydra didn't build anything:

 | Cannot evaluate the Nix expression containing the jobs:
 | error: getting status of `/nix/store/jn59f9yddq4lpp3jhmkhav4f0ia7q6zx-nixpkgs-r28132/pkgs/development/compilers/llvm/svn-head.nix': No such file or directory
 | (use `--show-trace' to show detailed location information)

This behavior should probably be improved. If a commit breaks evaluation
altogether, a notification should be send out, say, to this list? That
would ensure that developers notice these kind of oversights quickly.

Take care,
Peter

P.S.: I just noticed that ../development/compilers/rust/default.nix
      doesn't exist either. :-)