Fwd: Re: [Nix-dev] linux-3.0 & btrfs getting slower & slower on increasing uptime

Marc Weber marco-oweber at gmx.de
Mon Aug 1 06:36:31 CEST 2011

> Isn't it already up to 2.6.38.8?
typo, sry: log:

19:10 < MarcWeber> When having uptime > 48h system slows down and start hanging. Rebooting fixes it always. I'm
                   using btrfs on a SSD, linux-3.0. Any ideas how to find out what's causing it? Maybe it is not
                   btrfs related at all. Somehow it looks like being related to file IO.
19:10 < cwillu> MarcWeber, try 2.6.38
19:11 < cwillu> if I understood josef correctly, there's a bug that's not our fault that causes this;  I think it
                may have been fixed in the pull-request for 3.1, but I'm not certain of that

Marc Weber