[Nix-dev] linux-3.0 & btrfs getting slower & slower on increasing uptime

Marc Weber marco-oweber at gmx.de
Mon Aug 1 06:21:28 CEST 2011

I tried it several times stopped doing backups etc to make sure IO is
not blowing my SSD away.. Nothing worked.
After 48h of uptime the system gets slower and slower.

on #btrfs I was told to switch back to 2.6.38 because there is a known
bug which will eventually be fixed in 2.6.38.1.

I haven't tested whether this bug applies to btrfs only neither did I
ask for the exact reason.

Its enough to know that my system is back to speed after downgrading the
kernel.

Marc Weber