[Nix-dev] Re: Nix-env bugs

Ludovic Courtès ludo at gnu.org
Wed Apr 6 11:42:14 CEST 2011

Hello,

Eelco Dolstra <e.dolstra at tudelft.nl> writes:

> This is probably because all the other Pythons were marked as low
> priority.  It just so happens that I merged the modular-python branch
> today, which gets rid of all old Python versions.  So this problem
> should be gone now.

I think it can be useful to keep old versions of important pieces of
software around, at least from a continuous integration viewpoint: it
allows users to test their software against a range of versions and
variants of their dependencies.  I’ve found it useful with GCC and Linux
kernels, for instance.

Thanks,
Ludo’.