[Nix-dev] Re: How can I stop python writing into the nix store?

Eelco Dolstra e.dolstra at tudelft.nl
Tue Apr 5 12:02:50 CEST 2011

Hi,

On 04/04/2011 11:43 AM, Peter Simons wrote:

>   >  This has been fixed in the modular-python branch with this patch:
>   >
>   >  https://svn.nixos.org/repos/nix/nixpkgs/branches/modular-python/pkgs/development/interpreters/python/2.7/nix-store-mtime.patch
>
> The functionality of that patch appears to be orthogonal to the
> re-factoring done in 'modular-python'. Would you mind applying that
> patch in 'trunk' as well?

Actually, I think the whole branch is about ready to be merged.  There is a
small amount of breakage compared to the trunk:

     job     |    system
------------+--------------
  buildbot   | i686-freebsd
  coccinelle | i686-linux
  coccinelle | x86_64-linux
  dwm        | i686-cygwin
  scons      | i686-cygwin
  tahoelafs  | i686-linux
  tahoelafs  | x86_64-linux
  twisted    | i686-freebsd
  virtviewer | i686-linux
  virtviewer | x86_64-linux

This is mostly related to making Python 2.7 the default.