[Nix-dev] Removing nulls in BuildInputs

roconnor at theorem.ca roconnor at theorem.ca
Fri Oct 22 21:55:07 CEST 2010

There was an idea tossed around on #nixos a few days ago that mkDerivation
should remove the nulls from buildInputs (and maybe other items too).
This would help make more consistent hashes that now currently change when
we do refactoring that removes an item from the build input vs setting it
to null.

I think this was a good idea, so I'm putting it forth here on nix-dev in
the hopes that this feature request doesn't get lost.

Probably this patch would first go into stdenv-updates.