[Nix-dev] libiconv on non-GNU systems

Sander van der Burg - EWI S.vanderBurg at tudelft.nl
Mon Oct 18 13:45:35 CEST 2010

I just removed some of these dirty if system == i686-freebsd lines. They were never consistent. I think the best way of determining whether to use libiconv is to check whether a particular system has glibc and then add libiconv to the buildItems.

Some packages also seem to require libintl on non-glibc platforms, which is part of the GNU gettext package.