[Nix-dev] cron

Lluís Batlle i Rossell viriketo at gmail.com
Sun Oct 10 11:56:24 CEST 2010

Hello,

taking a look at the 'cron' possibilities on nixos, I've seen:
- Vixie cron is enabled always
- Vixie cron cannot reach any sendmail program (it has hardcoded paths to LSB)
- Fcron can be enabled
- Fcron is built in nixpkgs with "--with-sendmail=/var/setuid-wrappers/sendmail"
- My system, that runs postfix, has no 'sendmail' program in the path.
- Another system, that does not run postfix, also has no sendmail program in
  the path.

Am I missing something obvious, or is the cron (related to mail) totally broken?

We can meet on irc or discuss here some proposals on how to fix this. Or if
anyone feels like knowing how to improve the situation, please commit. :)

As a personal taste, I'd prefer to run fcron instead of vixie cron.

Regards,
Lluís.