[Nix-dev] pkgs/development/libraries/haskell/cabal/cabal.nix generates dangling symlinks

Peter Simons simons at cryp.to
Thu Oct 7 17:19:47 CEST 2010

Hi,

line 106 of pkgs/development/libraries/haskell/cabal/cabal.nix reads:

  ln -s $out/nix-support/propagated-build-native-inputs $out/nix-support/propagated-user-env-packages

Looking at my store, it appears that almost all of those symlinks point nowhere
because no "propagated-build-native-inputs" file exists. It's probably easy
enough to fix that, but I reckoned it might be a good idea to ask first whether
there's some profound rationale behind that code. So ... is there? :-)

Take care,
Peter