[Nix-dev] Re: CMake broken

Peter Simons simons at cryp.to
Sat Oct 2 02:13:27 CEST 2010

Hi Yury,

I'll try to produce an accurate build log, but it might take a while.

The compiler error message was as simple as "ncurses.h not found". What
probably happened is that ncurses wasn't included in the buildInputs,
but the CMake build auto-configured itself as if it were. I don't run
NixOS -- I run Nix purely in user-land hosted by CentOS --, so files
like /usr/lib/libncurses.a etc. do exist. Maybe CMake sees those files
because of some hard-coded search path, and assumes incorrectly that the
compiler would be able to find them?

Take care,
Peter