[Nix-dev] Question about writing expressions for Python packages

Marc Weber marco-oweber at gmx.de
Mon Nov 29 13:35:09 CET 2010

Excerpts from Cillian de Róiste's message of Mon Nov 29 12:38:04 +0100 2010:
> I have been trying to create a package for MyPaint which I've also
> tripped up on configuring it so that it finds numpy correctly. Perhaps
> I have skipped over existing documentation on this.
> Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Has Lluís Batlle said: Replace all occurences of python by pythonFull.
I don't know why pythonFull is not the default. Everybody somehow hits
this issue.

Post again and report whether this solves your issue.

If it does and if you don't want to suggest using pythoFull always you
have this option:
http://wiki.nixos.org/wiki/Escape_from_dependency_hell

I have rebased the patch since then.

Marc Weber