[Nix-dev] Re: Re: git-gui: require not using ttk

Marc Weber marco-oweber at gmx.de
Wed May 26 19:46:24 CEST 2010

Excerpts from Yury G. Kudryashov's message of Wed May 26 19:35:22 +0200 2010:
> I'd propose to change wrapProgram globally to move original program to
> .orig/originalName instead of .original-name-wrapped. In this case we shall
> not have such problems (progs assert that they know $0) in the future.

Which will not work for all cases because some apss might be using
something like this: Calling apps relative to current bin directory:

exec $(dirname $0)/other-app

So you may fix git-gui but you may break others.
So should an option be created eg:

  wrap --keep-name # use .orig/name
  wrap --keep-path # use .name-wrapped

?