[Nix-dev] MySQL lib and include directories

Marc Weber marco-oweber at gmx.de
Fri May 21 20:14:43 CEST 2010

Many mysql related packages have hacks adding $out/{include,lib}/mysql
to lib and include paths.

Does it make sense to create symlinks in $out/{include,lib} pointing to
the files found in the mysql subdir?

Mysql has these .h files. Is there a great chance causing conflicts?
That would be the only reason I can see to keep things as is.

  decimal.h
  errmsg.h
  keycache.h
  m_ctype.h
  m_string.h
  my_alloc.h
  my_attribute.h
  my_config.h
  my_dbug.h
  my_dir.h
  my_getopt.h
  my_global.h
  my_list.h
  my_net.h
  my_no_pthread.h
  my_pthread.h
  mysql_com.h
  mysqld_ername.h
  mysqld_error.h
  mysql_embed.h
  mysql.h
  mysql_time.h
  mysql_version.h
  my_sys.h
  my_xml.h
  raid.h
  readline.h
  sql_common.h
  sql_state.h
  sslopt-case.h
  sslopt-longopts.h
  sslopt-vars.h
  typelib.h

I couldn't find any collisions within my store using:

  cd $STORE_PATH_OF_MYSQL
  for i in include/mysql/*; do echo /nix/store/*/include/$(basename $i); done; xmessage headers-ready

Of course #include "mysql/mysql.h" would fix it as well - however I
couldn't find this usage anywhere.

Marc Weber