[Nix-dev] Re: Simple build tool for scala.

David Brown nix at davidb.org
Sat May 8 23:30:21 CEST 2010

On Sat, May 08, 2010 at 10:52:36PM +0200, Ludovic Courtès wrote:

>> Building the launcher itself from source isn't commonly done,
>> especially since sbt's build system uses sbt.
>
>Isn’t there a way to bootstrap it?  I would find it nicer to build from
>source, so the relation between the source and binary is formally
>established.

The author has been building it with itself for many versions.  I
suppose it would be possible to create a separate build environment to
build it with, but nobody does this.  It would be possible to download
a recent version and use it to build the desired version.

I don't know what it will take to make it build properly, since Ivy by
default wants to create a cache directory in the user's home
directory.

David