NixOS mipsel port (was: Re: [Nix-dev] Stuck on "Install NixOS on Linode" - bootstrap archives download)

Daniel Clark dclark at pobox.com
Fri Jul 2 17:45:39 CEST 2010

2010/7/2 Lluís Batlle i Rossell <viriketo at gmail.com>

> On Thu, Jul 01, 2010 at 03:17:25PM -0400, Daniel Clark wrote:
> > 2010/7/1 Lluís Batlle i Rossell <viriketo at gmail.com>:
> > I think the use case would be roughly the same; the mipsel box has
> > twice the RAM and internal 2.5" hard drive, and also video, and is a
> > little bit bigger ( about the size of a CD drive -
> >
> http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/9/90/Fulong-MiniPC.jpg/250px-Fulong-MiniPC.jpg
> > )
> It looks very good! twice the RAM + HD looks great.
> >
> > It needs stuff to be compiled with a specific set of gcc flags to make
> > full use of its instruction set (I can provide these). So far only
> > Gentoo has this support; I'd much rather run NixOS than Gentoo, so if
> > you did use it I could guarantee at least 2 users and 8 machines
> > running it :)
> >
> > Also usually when a developer accepts a free machine the time frame to
> > do something useful with it before we bug them is more in the order of
> > months.
>
> This looks very good then! I accept to do that work in the order of few
> months
> for sure. It looks fun enough, and if I can do some users happy (2 users
> means a
> high percent in nixos terms!), even better.
>
> Tell me what I should do then.

Send me the address and phone # I should mail it to off-list.

Also if any other people on the list would be interested in NixOS
preinstalled on one of these machines if/when the port is done, email
sales at freedomincluded.com and I'll send you an email if/when it's ready /
give you a discount. Put "Interested in NixOS on Fuloong" in the subject
line.

--
       \|/      Daniel JB Clark | Activist; Owner
FREEDOM -+-> INCLUDED ~ http://freedomincluded.com