[Nix-dev] KDE 4.4 is working more or less

Sander van der Burg - EWI S.vanderBurg at tudelft.nl
Tue Feb 16 12:06:52 CET 2010

Good news,

I've managed to get all the KDE 4.4.0 packages working and KDE 4.4.0 also seems to boot and work properly in NixOS when changing kde4 = kde44.

I recommend not making KDE 4.4.0 the default KDE4 version yet. Although it is declared "stable", there are still minor issues popping up (for instance very recently a hotfix is released for Soprano, which solves a very critical bug). Moreover, some other minor issues are there, such as a development version of Phonon that we used (it seems that it requires a Phonon release which is not released as stable yet).

I think we have to wait at least for KDE 4.4.1 when we want to make this the default KDE version.

Many thanks go to Lluis in helping me getting KDE 4.4.x supported and fixed.

Best,

Sander