[Nix-dev] Re: [FOSDEM-Dist2010] Post mortem: feedback please!

Nicolas Pierron nicolas.b.pierron at gmail.com
Wed Feb 10 20:04:42 CET 2010

Hi,

On Wed, Feb 10, 2010 at 14:14, Wouter Verhelst <wouter at debian.org> wrote:
> Since this is the first time we had a multi-distro devroom at FOSDEM, I
> To do that properly, we will need feedback from as many people as
> possible: distro coordinators, visitors, speakers, everyone. Please be
> so kind as to let us know what you thought of the distro devroom. Even
> if you send us a mail which consists of nothing more than something like
> 'I love it, please do so again' or 'it was crap, I hate it, please do
> the distro devrooms again next year', it would be valuable to know that.

As a speaker, I enjoyed doing the talk.  With these multi-distro
devrooms, I've got a chance to share my work on NixOS and I'll be gald
to see some derivative integrated in other projects.
As a visitor, I have got some new ideas from Config::Model to add
inside our current system.

I love what you did by grouping similar subjects together.  This give
us to opportunity to meet people working on the same topics.  I think
all projects can benefit from other designs and at least compare and
share experiences.

I think that you should highlight groups in the schedule as a
suggestion (if you are interested by this one, then you may have a
look at the other ones in the same group).

> Also, it would be nice if people could forward this request in their
> respective communities.

Doing so ...

Cheers,

--